What is clinical Hypnotherapy/Hypnosis?
by Stefanie Schaefer (Nat) Dip.Hom
The first and most important thing I’d like to do is to demystify clinical Hypnotherapy/Hypnosis. It is actually a natural state which we all experience many times per day.
Some examples for this are the following:
Day dreaming, driving on familiar roads, watching TV or other screens being mesmerized. Even the time before we nod off or before waking up, is a time of trance.
So when you see a trained Hypnotherapist, he or she will guide you to this relaxed state/trance and a hypnotized person still hears everything and is in total control. This is called an “induction” followed by a “deepener” and eventually re programming the sub conscious mind with affirmations and positive suggestions.
At the time of total relaxation we reach a meditative state and this is the time when our subconscious mind opens up, ready to take on board what it needs to hear to make positive changes for the future.
Our subconscious mind can’t differentiate between reality and imagination.Hence people who experience a panic attack experience symptoms and fear as if there were in real danger.
Our mind has two parts. The conscious mind and the subconscious mind. We are constantly aware of our conscious mind. We make decisions, we analyze situations, and we jump to conclusions with our conscious mind. It is very easy to feel that our conscious mind is all that there is, but scientists say the conscious mind is only about 10% of our thinking capacity. The other 90% is locked away in your subconscious mind. Actually everything you have ever experienced or known is in your subconscious mind. Including every single thought,word and every song and every loving act performed. Your subconscious is a huge storage of all your past experience with overwhelming influence on all your actions and reactions. Most of us are not aware of the subconscious or its tremendous power to bring success and happiness into our lives. Changes of behavior have to occur here where they were established in the first place. One gets a better picture now about how our minds operate.
Clinical Hypnotherapy is a powerful tool to change an old belief system, which stops us from fully enjoying our life, into a new and positive one. It can be very therapeutic and a very good break away from our stressed filled world to assist self-improvement.
After a session most Hypnotherapists will give the client a recording to listen to. By listening to this repeatedly, new neural pathways in the brain are being created. Over time the old neural pathways (with old behavior patterns) will eventually break down and get flushed out. A good hypnotherapist will also teach self-hypnosis and other NLP tools.
You may be interested to know that Hypnotherapy was accepted in the 1950’s already by the British and American Medical Association. It’s the opposite of meditation where your empty your mind, with hypnotherapy you are filling your mind with positive suggestions. The more commitment from the client the better the outcome 🙂
I hope you found this helpful. You are welcome to ask more questions if you like.
If there is something holding you back in life, try Hypnotherapy and see what it can do for you!
You know what? Most of us have room for self improvement….
For an appointment with Stefanie please call 09-486 2175
or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org